Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thanks to Local Green Stores!

When I came home from running my morning errands, I had to work an hour or so (my own set rule, I work from home usually in the evenings) for my 'paying' job and then I treated myself to some Cake and Tea:
We have a green grocery store here in town (Columbus, IN): Double Oak Farm where I get most of our veggies, fruit and eggs and meat and some other good stuff (too much to list) - and since today also pasta! :)
Lori, the owner was the first one to sell my Herbal Blends in a store - in her store. That was basically the beginning of Treehouse Herbs. Well, here's a big Thank You!!! to Lori.
For a while now she's working together with Ashleigh, who owns a bakery: Ashleighs Boulangerie. I'm so glad that both of them sell such good things.
I'm known for loving sweet things. I always have to buy something baked, when I'm at the store... today it was the Coffe Cake (again ;)) It is soooooooo good. I just love it. It's my treat every Wednesday, when I come home from the errands, I brew a cup of tea (today: 'Organic Good Morning Tea') from my store ;)) and Pecan Coffee Cake... no need to say more.




26 comments:

  1. Tea and cake sounds wonderful and your photographs are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Congrats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone :)
    and please - if you're not following my blog already, please consider...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me want to sit down with a piece of pumpkin bread and a cup of tea. (Or banana bread, or cinnamon, or whatever the case may be. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making me carving for any cake right now.
    Cake please lol
    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ate and it was time for dessert! yummy pics! Thanks for sharing this story - beginnings do matter don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delightful! Great pics too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake looks like it goes just perfectly with the cup O tea! You sure know how to take a beautiful photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cake and tea sounds really great right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we stores like that available here! Everything looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos. Tea sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now sounds that sounds like a wonderful morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh, i LOVE coffee cake. my grandpa used to make the best coffee cake. *sniff* :)

    lioneyedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to start the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a good morning, the pictures look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a huge fan of pecans but I would eat that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of good stuff out there if one just looks hard enough. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love tea! That tea looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like tea....too bad it's so late, or I would go and make a cup!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love to buy organic, when I can. Everything tastes better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds as if a very *tasty* ritual has evolved. There's almost nothing better than a cup of tea and piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete